There are several ways to connect Android phones and tablets to your TV. Which way you choose will depend on the devices you have.
Casting from specific apps
'Casting' is a general term that means sending content from one device to another, in this case from your mobile device to your TV.
It's easy to spot when you can cast something because you'll see a specific icon.
You'll usually see the icon on video apps such as YouTube and Netflix. If you select the icon, it will then bring up a list of devices that content can be cast to. Simply select your TV and the image will be displayed.
If you can't see your chosen video on the TV, then try returning to your TV's home menu and cast again.
Screen mirroring with a Chromecast
Connecting a Chromecast to your TV lets you display your phone or tablet's screen on the TV screen. This means you could display anything on your TV, even apps and games that wouldn't normally support casting. Here's how to do it.
- Make sure your Chromecast and mobile device are on the same network.
- Open the Chromecast app on your phone or tablet.
Cast Screen and then hit
Cast Screen again on the next screen.
- You'll then select the Chromecast you want to connect with, and your device's screen will now be mirrored on your TV.
Screen mirroring with a Fire TV stick
Alongside the Chromecast are many other devices that let you mirror content to your screen.
Follow these steps to start mirroring using an Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- Go to the
Settings menu on your Fire TV Stick.
Display & Sounds followed by
Enable Display Mirroring.
- On your phone, select the screen mirroring option (not every phone and tablet will have this) from the quick-access menu.
- Select the Fire TV device you want to connect with.
Don't worry if you don't see a screen mirroring function on your device. There are other ways to connect.
Screen mirroring without an internet TV box
If you don't have a Chromecast or Fire TV Stick, you may still be able to mirror your device's screen. Whether you can will depend on which TV, smartphone or tablet you own.
Newer TVs have screen mirroring software built in. You will usually need to head into your network menu to enable it. You may also see 'wi-fi direct' in the same menu. This software enables file-sharing between devices without the need for an internet connection. It's worth turning this on too, as it's another potential way of getting what's on your phone on to your TV.
Your phone will also need screen mirroring capabilities. Different manufacturers have different names for it. Typically, you'll find screen mirroring in the quick access menu or in the network settings of your device.
- Huawei's screen mirroring app is called MirrorShare.
- On Samsung phones it will either be called Screen Mirroring or Smart View.
- HTC's app is called HTC Connect.
- Sony keeps it simple by calling its app Screen Mirroring.
- On LG phones it is called Miracast.
The names are the same across each brand's smartphones and tablets.
Source : https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/televisions/article/how-to-connect-devices-to-your-tv/how-to-connect-your-smartphone-or-tablet-to-your-tvThank You for Visiting My Website